Assistant Professor Dr. Naim Rashid of COMSATS Abbottabad has secured International Green Talent Award 2015, which was held under the patronage of the German Research Minister Prof. Johanna Wanka.
The Green Talent Awards were commenced in 2009, are the annually held scholarship programs which provoke international scholars to enhance their talents. The 2015 award were the 7th Green Talent Awards.
This year the jury witnessed over 550 applications from over 90 countries, out of which 27 were conferred for the prestigious German scholarship.
Among the 27 Awardees, Dr Naim Rashid also qualified for the scholarship, 32-years-old Associate Professor is Associate Professor at COMSATS Abbottabad campus and his point of interest is ‘Green and Sustainable Technology.’ The highly talented professor earned his ‘PhD in Civil and Environmental Engineering: energy production from Renewable sources’ from KAIST, Republic of Korea.
After getting his PhD he became Assistant Professor at COMSATS, Abbottabad, as previously during his stay at the institute from Jan 2009- Aug 2010 he served as Lecturer.
The official Award ceremony will be held in Federal capital of Germany, Berlin on 30th October. And later on in 2016 the awardees will be staying to enhance their skills and will collaborate with the renowned research institutes and companies.
It is pertinent here COMSATS is one of the top institute of Pakistan, as in the University Rankings for the year 2014 announced by HEC, it ranked No.2 in the General Category and rests at No.4 in overall universities countrywide.
A little more about Dr. Naim Rashid
He has published 40 papers (27 peer reviewed journal papers with total impact factor of 81, 13 international conferences papers). His work has been cited 165 times in the peer review press (h index:08, i-h index :08). He is the reviewer of prestigious journals like Bio-chemical engineering journal, Bioresource technology, Biotechnology progress, Energy conversion and management, Journal of soil science and environmental management, Environmental process and engineering, and African journal of agriculture research.
Achievements and Accomplishments so far
- Awarded fully funded scholarship by Higher Education Commission of Pakistan, for MS studies in Republic of Korea
- Awarded merit scholarship during MS studies in Myongji University, Republic of Korea
- Selected for Erasmus Mundus Ph.D. fellowship (EteCoS3 EMJD) in UNESCO-IHE, The Netherland
- Selected as provisional candidate for MEXT PhD fellowship, Japan
- Awarded merit scholarship by Korea Advanced Institute of Science & Tech (KAIST) for PhD studies
- Awarded scholarship by the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology, Republic of Korea for Ph.D. research studies
Checkout the complete list of Awardees: Green Talent Award 2015