Government of Pakistan with the collaboration of major commercial banks of Pakistan (NBP, HBL, UBL, MCB and ABL) has launched Interest-Free Loans for those meritorious students who have financial constraints for continue their studies in technical, scientific and professional education within Pakistan.
Deputy Governor, State Bank of Pakistan, Presidents of the commercial banks, representative of Ministry of Finance and Government of Pakistan is administering this scheme.
Administrator of the Scheme is National Bank of Pakistan.
- Student is unable to continue studies due to financial constraints.
- Student has got admission on merit base through normal procedure in the approved Universities/Colleges of the public sector mentioned here under.
- Student must not be admitted on self-support/finance basis.
- Student has obtained minimum 70% marks in the last public examination.
- Student has undertaken the study of the subjects given below.
Only those students can apply for this loan at the time of admission who fall under the following age:
- For Graduation Maximum age 21 Years
The eligibility criteria for students to apply for this loan is given below:
- Student is unable to continue studies due t
- For Post-Graduation Maximum age 31 Years
- For Ph.D. Maximum age 36 Years
Category of Loan
Two types loan facility will be available for entire duration of the study.
- Loan will be paid directly to the University/College for:
- Schedule Fee
- Boarding expenses excluding meal charges
- Loan will be paid directly to the student for :
- Procurement of textbooks
Repayment of Loan
- The maximum time duration to return loan is 10-Years from the date of disbursement of first installment.
- The borrower will return the loan in monthly installment either;
- after six months from the date of first employment or
- one year from the date of completion of studies, whichever is earlier.
Student must be admitted in the following subjects:
i) Computer Science/Information System and Technology including hardware
ii) DAWA and Islamic Jurisprudence (LL.B/LL.M Sharia)
iii) Economics, Statistics and Econometrics
iv) Oil Gas & Petro-Chemical Technology
v) Biology, Molecular Biology & Genetics
vi) Business Management Sciences
vii) Other Natural Sciences
For further detail: Click here