Now it’s not a tiresome work to get in admission in a college as Online College Admission System has changed the patterns in Pakistan, with it you not have to wait in long queues and not have to keep wandering to know about the information about the prospectus and other aspects.
Online College Education System is yet another initiative of Punjab Government to oblige students and parents to get in admission in the college while resting at their houses. The portal gives you information about the government colleges, also tells about the programs and eligible merit to get admission in that, and from here finally you can apply in the college of your choice.
The initiative to provide opportunity for the students to apply for their admission in the college online is in work and is getting popular by every passing day. And this all goes on efficiently as it is based upon a collaborative relationship between Higher Education Department, 9 Boards of Intermediate and Secondary Education (BISE) of Punjab, Bank of Punjab and Punjab Information Technology Board (PITB).
Objectives of OCAS
- Reduce the number of physical visits of students and their parents to colleges as the admissions process gets underway
- Keep the admissions process transparent
- Considerably reduce the application compilation and merit list preparation time by pushing the labor-intensive and error-prone, back-office data entry activities to the end-users themselves
- Offer citizens (students as well as parents) a key online citizen service that can help them save enormous amount of time and expense during the admissions process
- 24/7 access. Apply from any place with internet access – no more queues
- Pay application fee (Rs 25 per program) via network of the bank branches across Punjab
- Track admissions application status via college website
- Integration with BISE results, minimizing data entry and reducing errors
- Dedicated helpline, online help guides and complaint system to facilitate the students
- Based upon reliable, scalable, secure and internationally proven technological platform