Both these Honda flagship cars have been tremendously marking up the need of the SUV lovers. As both of them are well built, have a sportier look but beside all these functions we can’t undermine the differences lying between both these cars. Hereby it should also be mentioned that Honda HRV which has just launched yesterday in a formal launching event in Lahore is also called the identical twin of the Honda Vezel Hybrid by some of the people who doesn’t keep some sound knowledge of their spec and differences.
The Vezel was introduced lately to the Japanese market back in 2013 and then in 2015 opened it wings to the United States markets. The idea of this SUV was incepted keeping in view the concept of Urban SUV. The word ‘Vezel’ was derived from the word ‘Bezel’, after denoting the ‘V’ of Vezel as Vehicle.
On the other hand, Honda HR-V was commenced in 1999 and its first generation lasted till 2006, and after around 8 years of hiatus, the second generation of HR-V, totally revamped was launched in 2014. And now in 2016, we have finally got its official launch in Pakistan.
An HRV cost around Rs 3.6M in Pakistan and the best thing about it is that the top country official has assured the spare parts of the latest launched sportier SUV.
HR-V in Pakistan has 1.8 L i-VTEC four cylindrical petrol engine capacity, whereas its original international model comes up with 1.8 L i-Vtec petrol engine.
The latest release HR-V possess engine capacity of 1,497cc whereas Honda Vezel Hybrid has 1,496 cc engine capacity. Both these SUV’s have different engine type, as Honda Vezel Hybrid has engine type of ‘4-cylinder in-line DOHC i-VTEC’, on the other hand, HR-V holds the engine type of ‘Water-cooled, In-Line 4-Cylinder’.
As we know that HR-V is costlier than the Vezel Hybrid, but this even couldn’t suggest the one best out of these.
These are the complete features of HR-V, launched in Pakistan:
- 5 L i-VTEC engine coupled to a CVT transmission
- Total power output: 141 PS at 6,500 rpm
- Torque: 172 Nm at 4,300 rpm
- LED headlights with daytime running lights (DRL)
- Paddle shifters
- SIRI and Smartphone integration
- Seven-inch touch screen head unit
- Cruise control
- 17” alloy wheels
- 8 cubic feet of cargo space
- 6 speakers of 180 watts
- Two USB & HDMI ports
- LED rear lamps
- Panoramic sunroof
- Audio control switch
- Hands-free telephone switch
- Multi-information control switch
- One pushes ignition switch
- Advanced touch audio
- Navigation system
- Utility Mode, Tall Mode, Long Mode
- Automatic climate control system to keep the temperature in-check
- Multi-Angle rearview camera
- Tire pressure monitoring system to alerts you when pressure in any four tires is significantly low
- Daytime running lights to enhance visibility to other drivers
- Anti-lock breaking system
- Steering wheel controls