The initiative of Online service providing by NADRA was pulled off last year in August and up the latest this service has been closed for the Pakistanis residing nationwide. The intention behind this innovative step was to facilitate the residents within the country and outside the country, and allow them to get the online CNIC issuance and renewal service while resting at their homes.
Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan inaugurated this service which also gestured about a bold step towards a digital Pakistan. On the other hand, this initiative was perceived well within the masses as this avoids citizens to wait for long time in queues for their turn.
If you would have got your CNIC issuance or renewal, you would have got the situation clear in mind when you apply for it in a nearby office as it is a tiresome work and creates hassle because of the so much applicants gathered for it.
The online service evoked as a light in a darkness as one can apply for CNIC services while resting at luxuries of their homes.
Here it should be kept mentioned that this service is shut by the authorities for the Pakistanis residing within the country whereas the people leaving abroad can still avail this offer.
Here are the features this service avails to the citizens:
- Online apply for issuance or renewal CNIC
- Payment through credit card
- CNIC will be delivered at your given address within 10 to 12 working days.
Services offered by online NADRA facility enables you to apply for
- New Overseas CNIC (NICOP) for the first time
- CNIC Reprint in case if card was lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed.
- CNIC Renewal for expired card
- CNIC Modification if you want to change your identity data provided at NADRA.
- CNIC Conversion to a chip-based Smart-ID card through renewal or modification application
- You may track the status of your CNIC application