Daraz.pk has broke their own record this Black Friday 2016. Not only this they have set yet any other record which is never been achieved by any of the online shopping sites in Pakistan.
Daraz has hit 1 Billion rupee sale on Black Friday 2016.
“Reaching Rs 1 billion in sales on a single day is a milestone not only for Daraz, but for all of Pakistan. E-commerce is no longer a small part of the market but a cornerstone of the retail market. This year we focused on having a very large assortment of deals with deep inventory and a great shopping experience, so all our customers could get the products they had been dreaming of. I want to thank our sellers and our amazing team for making this possible,” said Bjarke Mikkelsen, Co-CEO Daraz Group.
- At 10am of Black Friday Sale, Daraz had already surpassed the number of orders that happened in last years’ Black Friday
- 55% of the total orders were on a mobile device – a clear indication of how Pakistan is increasingly a mobile-first market
- Customers showed more reliance in the safe and convenient online prepayment solution. 35% of the total orders were prepaid transactions with Easypaisa mobile account as customers’ favourite.
- More Ponds and Sunsilk bundles were sold on Black Friday than in all of 2016
- Zong’s special flash-sales during Black Friday, offering 1GB for Rs 1, sold out in 10 minutes
- Daraz Online Shopping app was trending on the app store – so much so that it was down for an hour
What is Black Friday?
As we told that the day was originated by Americans, Black Friday is the last Friday of the November, which is the day after Thanksgiving Day and couple of days before Cyber Monday, which is celebrated widely in US. In many of the states of US this is off day and it is regarded as the Shopping weekend for Christmas.