The current government of Pakistan knowing the potential of youth introduced a special initiative ‘Prime Minister’s Youth Programme’ soon they came in regime back in 2013. Under this initiative, several projects were launched to empower the youth of Pakistan. These are the projects which are included in the initiative of ‘Prime Minister’s Youth Programme‘:
- Youth Business Loan Scheme
- Interest Free Loans Scheme
- Youth Training Programme
- Skill Development Programme
- Youth Laptop Programme
- Fee Reimbursement Scheme
Youth Laptop Programme
The current government knowing that technology is a gateway to success and youth is the future of the nation, came up with an initiative of Laptop distribution scheme all around the country. Not to forget that earlier the Punjab Government led by PML-N successfully experienced their Laptop Scheme known as Chief Minister Laptop Scheme. Then the federal government initiated laptop scheme known as Youth Laptop Programme back in 2014. The current year will be the second year of the project, few days back and under this 100,000 laptops will be distributed all around in Pakistan( universities included in the lists).
It will be pertinent to mention here that for year 2017-2018, 200,000 laptops will be distributed among the eligible students.
Prime Minister Laptop Scheme 2017-2018 Eligibility Criteria & Merit Details
Students enrolled not earlier than their respective program duration as per the table below and remained enrolled till June 30, 2017.
|S. No.||Program||Duration (Max.)||Enrolment after|
|1.||Bachelors||4/ 5 years||Jul. 2013/ Jul. 2012|
|2.||Masters (16-year education)||1/ 2 years||Jul. 2016/ Jul. 2015|
|3.||MBA 1.5/ 2.5/ 3.5||1.5/ 2.5/ 3.5 years||Jan. 2016/ Jan. 2015/ Jan. 2014|
|4.||MS/ MPhil||2 years||Jul. 2015|
|5.||Ph.D. (Natural Sciences)||5 years||Jul. 2012|
|6.||Ph.D. (Social Sciences & Others)||4 years||Jul. 2013|
- Students studying in public sector Universities/ Degree Awarding Institutes duly recognized by HEC.
o Students enrolled in Ph.D./ MS/ MPhil or equivalent 18-year program
o Students enrolled in 1 or 2-year Master’s degree program (morning and evening)
Student enrolled in 4-year or 5-year Bachelor degree program (morning and evening)
- Students studying as a distant learner in Virtual University of Pakistan or Allama Iqbal Open University.
- Students studying in government degree or postgraduate colleges of Federal Capital and Federally Administered Tribal Areas.
- Students’ eligibility and enrolment status as defined above shall be determined as of June 30, 2016, however, if there is any unforeseen delay causing ineligibility of students, then those students having their online application submitted will maintain their eligibility intact.
- Criteria for Students enrolled in distance learning program at VU and AIOU, and students of polytechnic institutes of Pakistan and AJK shall be defined in coordination with respective universities/ boards and will be updated accordingly.
- No laptop shall be issued to those who have availed in the past from such initiative(s) taken by the government or by the higher education institute.
Merit List Criteria
- Students having secured 60% marks (for the annual system) or 70% marks (for semester system) or equivalent CGPA/ GPA in the Last examination shall only be considered for the Merit list.
- HEC defined formula shall govern CGPA/ GPA to Percentage conversion.
- Any leftover laptops from any distribution level (i.e. Academic level, Departmental, Campus, Institutional, or Provincial Allocation) may be adjusted as per the decision of Project Steering Committee.
Last Date to apply: 30 September 2017
Apply Online at: www.pmnls.hec.gov.pk ← Click here
FAQ’s(Frequently Asked Questions) ← Click here